11:23 PM

On the Bookshelf

"I dont want to wake up and you realize that you are in love with someone else. You say I'm always worried about tomorrow and should worry about the present and I do, because you are my present, a gift, and I see you in my future called tomorrow. I see my future in your eyes, I just dont want to learn that those eyes are made of glass and fooled me by reflecting what I wanted to see and tricked me into thinking they could see what I do. I dont want those unseeing eyes to be a part of a body that carries a torn and confused heart. Everytime I start to play the role of Peyton, a prop reminds me that Im Lindsey, and that the comet that gave your life meaning isnt me. " She then turned and walked out of his life, knowing that what happened by the comet so many years earlier, had not died, and wouldnt.

Lucas never took the time to let her get comfortable with his past, never took the time to explain, but he didnt have too, because the only thing to explain was his love for another woman. In every house there lies an epic love story, a book, a movie, something that tells the tale of true love but this story didnt end in happily ever after, in fact it hadnt ended. And on the bookshelf, layed the novel that Lindsey had started to edit for Lucas, and couldnt finish because she was just a supporting character in someone else's love story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment