11:26 PM

In the master bedroom

That's where it all happened where it started and where it ended, you making love to me. Between the sheets we quickly laid; I emersed myself in you and never for one second held back. You took so much from me, my virginity, my innocence, my heart. It wasn't immediate but gradual is not the word. In a month you had my body and in 7 years my friendship and trust and in a short 3 my soul. It's crazy how other people walk in this bedroom and see pictures of us on the walls. Pictures of us happy and complete, but in the background of those pictures of all our years stand different women observing from a far and always having a small fraction of what I once thought was completely mine. But by deeply looking in those frames I clearly see the bigger picture and in it we stand apart. If sheets could speak they would tell the most beautiful love stories if my skin had a voice it would sing glorious harmonies of perfection, but now my eyes and ears must speak the truth they have long ignored and masked. No one is perfect but at one point in time you were. On the dresser stood the dried dead flowers of Feb the 12th, clearly something gone that I was constanly trying to preserve and a few days ago I threw them away because what they represented with them was also throw away. But I carry you around in the most sacred of places in my heart in my tears in my being. Truely my other half my perfect counterpart that no amount of time will ever be able to replace. Love is slowly fading and hopefully one day this love inside me shall die so our friendship can begin to live because both cannot coexist. Either way you were the first, when I whispered in your ear I love you,as I lay beneath your body, I let every ounce of my being fall within those words. You say I had the best of you but you had ALL of me and I now walk out of this bedroom and close the door behind me.

2 Comments:

Naomi Sosa said...

wow!! i think no other girl has been able to put this situation in better words.

Anonymous said...

why thank you because I have tried to for a very long time. It's crazy how many of us are in similar situations

Post a Comment