9:44 PM

J.Peguero


J.Peguero; art director for Redline Media Group and upcoming rapper. What a combination right? An upcoming rapper and he has a real job!? Yes, believe it. Although pursuing his music career out of somewhere other than his basement, he still manages to work full -time. Born in Dominican Republic and raised in Brooklyn, the boy has swagg. He recently granted me a brief interview, just so people know the man behind the music.

[More]


When did you start making music?

I officially started making songs in 2003. Before that, I was a freestyle rapper and occasionally battle rapper

How do you finance your videos and photo shoots?

I do them myself, well not alone I have a great team and we are all artists...meaning graphic, video, graffiti, you name it. We call ourselves La Republica. We all do our own thing, but we move as a group and help each other. We all have our strengths. I myself am a graphic designer, plus I have a bachelor’s in computer animation and I draw pretty damn good too.

What do you think you bring to the table as an artist and hope to achieve?

Honesty, variety, entertainment, just overall good music to vibe to whether u feel like partying, lounging or just listening to good word play and lyrics.

Do you write your own music, if not who does?

Yes, I write my own music and hooks.

How did the concept for Blackberry Baby come along?

It was easy because it’s a true story. I met a girl from my hometown Brooklyn (stand up) in Miami where I live now and when she went back. We kept in contact via BBM so I nicknamed her my blackberry baby. The song is very accurate.

Where did the concept from your logo come from?

The concept for my logo was easy...the wings represent just that... being fly period, which in my mind equals success. And its tilted up so it seems like I’m taking flight.

Taking flight he is. With his single Blackberry Baby and other tracks on his newly released mixtape "This Thing On?", J.Peguero is flaunting his musical talents and there is much to be expected from him. Don't say I didn't tell you so.


Download "This Thing On"


You can find J. on:

Twitter

Myspace

Youtube

Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment