7:02 PM

Tough Love

When you threw me against the wall you literally knocked some sense into me.
you shook me up and scrambled my emotions.
you bruised my face, heart, and spirit.
Our so called love was black & blued

I concocted that concussion.
I simply fell, you didn't mean it
But laying next to you at night, it was hard to think
the swelling I could feel it.

I was my own prisoner because of what I tolerated, afraid to leave our "happy' home
Silly silly me and all the lies to myself I had told
I swore I wouldn't be that woman in that situation, I would kill a man before he hit me
but my love for you kept you alive, and I endured the beatings

My heart beat for you as you beat on me, what an ironic instrumental
but at least we were making music, right?
Sooner than later I could no longer take the replays- a disrespectful album

Your insecurity was reflected on my skin, I see it everyday in the mirror
Your manipulation scarred the high self esteem that my age built
Your jealousy excited me, I felt wanted -- but soon I became caged by your words
Now months later it feels like I escaped death row
Im tired of holding on to the secrets other women haven't told.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment