10:23 PM

Recognized Weaknesses

Sometimes I feel like too many people love me and I do not understand why.
What makes me different, unique, even loveable at that?
I just want to be left alone at times but Im bombarded by all this love
I'm cranky, moody, immature, bitchy. I always want things my way
& for some reason I feel that I have an unlimited supply of second chances.
I forgive quickly and easily, I never forget.
I follow my heart, although at times it leads me in the wrong direction.
I swallow my pride and then I wonder why Im sick to my stomach.
I give all of me to people who take too much
& I don't give enough to the ones who give me so much.
Oh the irony of the life we lead.
Looking for substance in things I know will never be substantial.
Fighting for certain things and people that perhaps don't want to be fought for.
Putting all my energy into my work - at the end of the day its the only thing that has paid off.
Spending time I don't have to end up neglecting someone somehow
I have to learn to let myself be loved by those who do; instead of trying to be beloved to those who don't
Balance out the highs and the lows. Separate the weak and the obsolete. Oh summer, how you test me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment