11:17 PM

Spilled


I hate pouring out my feelings to an invisible cup.
Now look at the mess I've become.
Spilled all over this counter, I am sprawled across the floor.
I am a puddle.
You can see right through me to whats beneath.
I lay here, waiting for the quicker picker upper
to absorb my emotions I so carelessly overflowed.
I should of stayed in the pitcher,
but the outside world looked so much bigger
I thought I could be free.
I thought you would drink me up and consume me.
I just wanted to nourish you.
I wanted to quench that thirst for everlasting devotion.
But you were skeptical.
and after watching me be produced you still think I am poison.
Knowing that I am made of the most pure of substances -
prideless love & loyalty
You focus on that hint of jealousy and pinch of immaturity
that complete my recipe.
Recipe for disaster perhaps
but I am the best mess you will ever have to clean up
and who knows what will be left of this puddle
because with this heat I am slowly evaporating
& I cant keep waiting
for you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

love the blog. extremely powerful.

Post a Comment